Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Writing on this Blog

Dear Ned and the Blogosphere,

I've decided that I am going to keep up this blog. I may have to rename it
because it is not so much about Ned anymore, and more about my life.
I don't want to pretend that I'm writing about my brother. It would be
awesome if I could keep that up, but I can't.

Ultimately, it is about the living, how we go on, how we take action to
be happy, to participate in living.

The theme of superman and the supernatural appeals to me though...
You have become bigger than life. We look to you know for guidance
from the beyond and pretend that you respond when we come up with
ideas by the very act of trying to correspond with you.

I'm not talking about a Ouija board of anything like that. I'm talking about
just basic, human communication with the dead through our thoughts.
A Kind of WWND (What Would Ned Do) taking a bit further.

There are so many ideas I had when I first created this. It was as though
a new community would form from the blog. In some ways it has.
In other ways the life that Ned knew has changed drastically so much
so that he wouldn't recognize it.

Ned your son is six years old now. I look forward to seeing him at Xmas.
Your wife is an amazing mother and she looks forward, participates in her
community and family and carries on.

I miss you so much and I guess what this blog was supposed to do was
to fill that abysss, the ache that I feel and my family feels from not having
you around.

It is hard to deal with that absence, with the presence of your absence
at the house, especially at the holidays.

Last year we wrote a few stories. This year I will think of something....

That's all for now. Gotta run.

Love,
Wendy