Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sharing Memories

On Christmas morning I gathered memories of Ned from many of us. Let me know if you want to share your story. It doesn't have to be about Christmas. Email wsnyder510@gmail.com

***********

When I remember Christmas as a child, it always starts off with little brother Ned's excited patter of feet to the end of the hallway to my bedroom at about 6am.

"Wendy, you got a bike!" and he would give away the surprise. I didn't mind. That excitement was the best part of it all.
************

When Ned was 5 or 6 years old, he found a special gift at the Los Gatos Safway. He bought me a pack of sponges. This year I wrapped three gifts of sponges for Vicki, Nancy and Wendy in remembrance of Ned.

Mom

***********

My Love

2005 was our happiest Christmas of our lives because we got the most precious, amazing and wonderful gift, exactly 15 days before - our son Shaan. I remember you being so happy and excited. You surprised us with a clean house, balloons, dinner and everything in between. We had that Christmas at our home but my best and favorite gift beside us was those diamond earrings that came with a huggable bear.

I will forever miss you, my love, but you are close to my heart and your son's heart always and forever.

Your wife and son

***************

Oh how I miss you my bro! I think about you often - your zest for life, your sense of humor, your laugh, and your awesome cooking!
I try to carry all that was so positive about you through my life and enjoy being a part of your family! I remember walking the neighborhood and caroling with you the last Christmas you were with us, the cold night air punctuated with your giddy laughter!
Cheers to you, my brother -in-law!
Ron

***************

Driving home for Christmas, we passed the airport in Sonoma County. This brings memories of Ned. My brother had planned to skydive and ask Vicki for her hand in marriage. He was picking up Dave and I at the airport so we could attend. Being afraid of heights, I was not planning on jumping out of an airplane. After twenty to thirty minutes of travel, Ned had convinced me that I needed to jump. I did and it was fun and scarier than anything right before you leave the plane. But Ned had a way with words and I'm glad I did it. I miss him everyday and try to remember that sometimes we have to face our fears head on.

Nancy

***************

I got up to go to Piedmont Hills High School to teach - and NO CAR.

"Bobbie, where is my car?"

"Oh, Ned borrowed it."

"Well, where did he go?"

And just about then, here comes Ned with several other guys. I asked, "Where have you been?"

"Oh, we just jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge. That is, we bungy jumped off the bridge."

"Good grief," said I. "You could have been arrested or worse."

Ned said they crawled out on the bridge in the middle of the night and made their jump at night.
Thankfully, no one was hurt or arrested. What a kid.

Dad & Papa